Monday, March 15, 2010

Where Does the Tea Party go from Here?

Earlier, I posted an entry regarding the Tea Party and the Constitution. I noticed when I entered my Key Words that I had never used "Tea Party" as a key word before. I made a mental note that the Tea Party will probably be with us for some time, now. I don't think it's going to go away anytime soon.

My question is this: Should the Tea Party become its own separate political party, or remain a loose, grassroots movement?

Pros: Clearly neither party is listening to the smaller government message, although the Republican Party is giving lip service to listening. It would give those with a genuine smaller-government message a voice in the political process and establish the movement more permanently.

Cons: Since most of the "smaller government" crowd tends to vote Republican, this would represent a genuine split of the Republican Party and could end up keeping Dems in power for decades to come. Furthermore, the same kind of corruption and dilution of message that is taking place in the other parties would likely take place in the New Tea Party as well.

My feeling at this point is that the Tea Party better serves America by being a voice on the outside looking in. We are more likely to affect change by saying "We'll vote for you if you tow the line. Otherwise, we'll vote you out."

What do you think?


5 comments:

WoFat March 15, 2010 at 4:10 PM  

I vote for Voice From The Outside. Breaking up the Republican party will give the dems just what they want, obama for another term. Third parties don't work well enough in our society to take over an election. Look at the history of third party candidates and the giant screw-ups their efforts caused.

Anonymous,  March 15, 2010 at 4:41 PM  

I too believe that the Tea Party needs to get some direction, or support a few important issues.

Personally, I'd like see them support the Fair Tax for instance.

As become a party, I'd would not want to see that. But instead infiltrate the GOP as conservative libertarians-minded republicans.

Linda March 15, 2010 at 5:31 PM  

My vote is to be a voice and give direction to the Republican party. Of course, if the Republicans can't tow the line, then we might have to do something else.

Anonymous,  March 16, 2010 at 2:15 PM  

I say we stay on the outside looking in.The best way to see and slove problems.

WoFat March 22, 2010 at 4:45 PM  

This may not be the place for this, but anyway: My new novel- Murder For The Love Of Cops - is now availlable at https://www.createspace.com/3434944.

Anyone liking cop novels might have a look. Thanks. If you don't take ads like this, T.C., don't approve the message. My feelings won't be hurt.

Wo

About This Blog

This blog is about my opinions and world view.  I am a conservative, evangelical Christian.  Generally speaking, if you post a comment, I'll allow you to express your view.  However, if you say something hateful, untruthful, or just generally something I don't like, I may remove it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP