Friday, December 19, 2008

Corruption On Display

Today's big story:

A defiant Governor Rod R. Blagojevich said Friday that he will continue to fight federal corruption charges.

“I’m here to tell you right off the bat that I am not guilty of any criminal wrongdoing,” Mr. Blagojevich said, during his first statement since federal prosecutors unveiled a 76-page criminal complaint against him.

“I will fight this thing every step of the way. I will fight, I will fight, I will fight, till I take my very last breath. I have done nothing wrong.” he said.

Mr. Blagojevich is accused of, among other things, trying to sell President-elect Barack Obama’s Senate seat to the highest bidder.

He  did not take any questions from reporters

On Wednesday, Mr. Blagojevich told reporters that the day “will soon be here” when he’ll tell his side of the story.

“I can’t wait to begin to tell my side of the story and to address you guys and, most importantly, the people of Illinois. That’s who I’m dying to talk to,” he said. “There’s a time and place for everything. That day will soon be here and you might know more about that today, maybe no later than tomorrow.”

....and how much do you want to bet, that will be "Pay-Per-View."

2 comments:

Anonymous,  December 20, 2008 at 8:55 AM  

Illinois Politics at their Finest(worst)

About This Blog

This blog is about my opinions and world view.  I am a conservative, evangelical Christian.  Generally speaking, if you post a comment, I'll allow you to express your view.  However, if you say something hateful, untruthful, or just generally something I don't like, I may remove it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP