Monday, February 9, 2009

A Comedian's Worst Nightmare?

I don't know about you but I'm sick of hearing how life has gotten so much tougher for comedians because Barack Obama was elected President.  You have Chris Rock, a black comedian calling Obama a comedian's worst nightmare. You have white comedians like Bill Maher crying in their beer, saying he's too perfect.



With all the pathetic hand wringing and gnashing of teeth, you would think someone had burned down Caroline's Comedy Club with Caroline in it.  Or someone had taken David Letterman, Jay Leno and Jimmy Kimmel hostage and were making them watch Conan O'Brien 24 hours a day.  Talk about a nightmare.



What will happen?  Where will the comedy come from?  Oh, the humanity!  Nancy Pelosi is now saying that nearly forty million comedians a month will lose their job if something isn't done.



Here's a tip for you guys: you're supposedly talented, use some talent.  If you're a talented comedian or a talented comedy writer, you can find comedy.  And it doesn't have to be the mean spirited, stupid stuff you guys always fall back on. Too many people had one Bush-is-dumb joke and thought that made them the next Mark Twain. The arrival of a president fluent in English should raise the bar.



You see, during Bush's administration, anyone, even talentless hacks, could do comedy. But now the poor comedians who have no talent will be out of a job if someone doesn't do something. I feel so sorry for them, and I'm sure President Obama does too--he's such a dear.

3 comments:

DaBlade February 9, 2009 at 7:14 PM  

The problem is, he makes me want to cry instead of laugh, and I would take a tongue-tied Texan with a good heart, surrounded by a top notch national security team working tirelessly around the clock and behind the scenes to keep us safe, than this eloquent bufoon who seems hell-bent on our economic destruction. phew. Didn't mean to go all runon sentence on ya there. Nice blog though. I enjoy it.

a red voice February 10, 2009 at 11:18 AM  

I agree with you & DeBlade... with the joke that is happening in our government right now, it makes me want to cry instead of laugh. Obama's a perfect wolf in sheep clothing, fooled so many people with his eloquent ways - I much rather have Bush - he may not as 'perfectly eloquent' but at least I knew he was honest, relied on God for help & inspiration, had experience, and was doing what he thought was best for America.

Mark February 10, 2009 at 1:42 PM  

They should hire you to write for them. This post was funny!

About This Blog

This blog is about my opinions and world view.  I am a conservative, evangelical Christian.  Generally speaking, if you post a comment, I'll allow you to express your view.  However, if you say something hateful, untruthful, or just generally something I don't like, I may remove it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP