Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Obamanomics at work

I ran across the following item that I thought everyone might like.  I have no idea whether or not the story is true, but it makes a great point:

Today on my way to lunch I passed a homeless guy with a sign the read “Will Vote For Change.” I thought that was hilarious.



Once in the restaurant, I noticed my server had on a “Obama 08″ button, so I thought this was a superb opportunity to see how this works in real life.



When the bill came, I decided not to tip the server and explained to him that I was exploring the Obama concept of spreading the wealth around. He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip as an economic stimulus to the homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed away …apparently he has no concept of Hope n’ Change.



I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the server inside as I decided he could use the money as a stimulus. The homeless guy was grateful and thanked me.



At the end of my experiment in economic stimulus, I realized the homeless guy was happy to take money he did not earn, but the waiter was really angry that I gave away the money he earned even though the homeless guy needed the stimulus more,based on my criteria. Obviously the waiter was Rich, and doesn’t understand that the homeless guy needed and deserved the money more, based on Obamanomics. The homeless guy,however, was happy with the Change.



I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow in concept than in practical application.

And I guess the waiter just needs to get used to working for the change he voted for, hmmm?

0 comments:

About This Blog

This blog is about my opinions and world view.  I am a conservative, evangelical Christian.  Generally speaking, if you post a comment, I'll allow you to express your view.  However, if you say something hateful, untruthful, or just generally something I don't like, I may remove it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP