Monday, November 16, 2009

Democrats Don't Pay Taxes (Again)

A day before she clinched the nomination to fill a vacancy in the Missouri House of Representatives on Saturday, St. Louis Democrat Hope Whitehead paid a visit to City Hall.



Not to mobilize supporters, but to pay hundreds of dollars in outstanding taxes.



Her trip downtown was more than just civic duty. Under state law, candidates with overdue tax bills are ineligible for the ballot.



When her obligations were met, a panel of city Democratic leaders gathered Saturday to nominate Whitehead, 50, to fill the vacancy created by former state Rep. Talibdin El-Amin, who submitted his resignation in September after pleading guilty to federal bribery charges.



Apparently, it must be a federal law that democrats who want to be in positions of power CANNOT pay taxes until it is politically expedient to do so. I guess that's a good reason to become a Democrat.

2 comments:

Timeshare Jake November 16, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

I am amazed at the corruption I have seen in Missouri since I moved back a few years of ago from of all places Chicago.

j summett November 16, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

The Libs probably wouldn't have to hike taxes all the time, if they could get everyone in their party to pay their share!!

About This Blog

This blog is about my opinions and world view.  I am a conservative, evangelical Christian.  Generally speaking, if you post a comment, I'll allow you to express your view.  However, if you say something hateful, untruthful, or just generally something I don't like, I may remove it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP