Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Top Selling Books of 2009

If the sales of books are any indication, conservatism is making a comeback. (People marching on Washington might be an indication, too. But that's not the topic of this post.)

While Democrats are trying to drag Americans kicking and screaming into a communist regime, all the while claiming a "mandate," some of the biggest selling books in America are books written by conservative writers.

It's difficult to tell exactly what books are the top sellers, so far. The New York Times publishes a weekly list and breaks down their numbers into categories. Amazon, Borders and Barnes & Noble all have their lists, but only include sales from their operations.

However, looking at all the sources I could find in a twenty minute search revealed that among the biggest sellers of the year are....

A Bold Fresh Piece of Humanity (Bill O'Reilly)
Arguing with Idiots (Glenn Beck)
Common Sense (Glenn Beck)
End the Fed (Ron Paul)
Culture of Corruption (Michelle Malkin)
A Slobbering Love Affair (Bernard Goldberg)
Guilty (Ann Coulter)
A Time for Freedom (Liz Cheney)
Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto (Mark R. Levin)
How to Talk to A Liberal (Ann Coulter)
Face of Betrayal (Lis Weihl)

Whether or not all of these books end up on the top 100 for the year is yet to be seen.

Of course, O'Reilly does not consider himself a "conservative" because he is not an "ideologue". Beck and Ron Paul are more Libertarian, but very conservative politically. In fact, Beck is more of what I would call a "Constitutionalist." He is closer to where "man on the street" conservatives are, but not Republicans in Washington.

Conspicuously absent from the best seller lists are anything about Global Warming by Al Gore, Obama's books (which sold well last year), anything by Al Franken, and anything by ... well, just about any other Liberal you might mention.

Whether or not this could translate into votes in 2010 and 2012 remains to be seen. But if I were a Liberal, I'd start trying to write a new best-seller.

And if I were a publisher, I wouldn't buy it.



2 comments:

Soloman September 16, 2009 at 2:31 AM  

I remember when "Common Sense" came out, and I went to a handful of bookstores and a couple of Wal-Marts and didn't find it. It was selling like hotcakes.

Finally got one in the mail from my parents - gotta love parents who have your back!

There were plenty of copies of Obama's books lining the aisles and the window displays, though....

WoFat September 16, 2009 at 8:26 AM  

I feel like a dolt. I read about a book per day, but it's almost always fiction. I lived in a real and violent world for a long time, and now I read for pleasure only. But I'm happy Conservative books are selling well.

About This Blog

This blog is about my opinions and world view.  I am a conservative, evangelical Christian.  Generally speaking, if you post a comment, I'll allow you to express your view.  However, if you say something hateful, untruthful, or just generally something I don't like, I may remove it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP