Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Gay Agenda

Human Rights Campaign, a DC-based homosexual group, is demanding that Obama initiate a “five-step legislative blueprint for change.” This group is apparently angry that Obama has selected Pastor Rick Warren to deliver a prayer at the inauguration.

What do they want?

First, “hate crimes” legislation within six months.

Well, a crime is a crime. If I am beat up and robbed, the crimes are assault and robbery. If the robber or robbers call me whitey and ask when was the last time I slept with a woman, well, I’m not too concerned about that. I want the creeps to go to prison because they assaulted me and stole my wallet, watch, keys and my bag of groceries. I want a trip to the doctor to get fixed up, then I want them in prison, and hopefully my money back. If they threaten to beat or rape the woman with me, well, those are crimes, too, and I want them to sit in a cell for a long time. It’s highly unlikely that the person committing the crime has much respect for me, no matter his or her sexual orientation. The main point is, crimes were committed against me.

The concept of a “hate crime” is Marxist, a new spin on the idea of “thought crimes.” It is an attempt to control what people think and say, which is anti-American.  I’d call it nonsense if it were not so dangerous. We don’t need “thought crimes” in this country. We need proper law enforcement against criminals. My suggestion on this issue? Develop thicker skin.

Second, the homosexuals want Obama to support passage of the so-called Employment Non-Discrimination Act.

Here again, what’s the point? The books are already brimming over with employment laws, which have distorted the labor market in the US. My policy, and that of everyone I know, is to hire the best and most capable people possible who also seem to be decent and relatively pleasant to work with. Why? Smart people can help you make money, and pleasant people make your life better and richer. Now, if I know going in that someone has special rights that can be used against me in a lawsuit, why on earth would I want to work with that person? Why would any sensible person contract with someone they KNOW can do tremendous damage to the enterprise? You don’t. You hire the best people for the positions you have open. Doesn’t that make sense?

Next, this so-called human rights group wants a repeal of the military’s Clinton-era “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy.

Uh huh. So, we’re going to suffer with the same nonsense that took place under Bill Clinton? I suggest a new policy for all members of the military, male, female, black, white, whatever: keep it zipped up when you’re on-duty or on-base.

Also, this is a morale issue. Here’s the shocking truth: heterosexual males tend not to like being around gays. Tell me this is not true. We all know it’s true. This is human nature. I know that’s a shocking statement of known fact, but apparently it needs to be said. More than 95 percent of us believe that men and women were designed to fit together, and if that is not an “overwhelming majority,” I don’t know what is.

So, how about this: in the privacy of your own home, the government will not intrude. In fact, laws across this country say that the government cannot intrude. But in public, and particularly when serving your country, keep it zipped up, no matter your “orientation.”

Next, they want an executive order providing special protections for federal workers based on their sexual behavior and gender identity.

Again, why special privileges and special rights? Sorry, but there are plenty of employment laws already on the books. Fact is, whether you are gay, Lesbian, or an avowed hetero who likes to explore, umm, keep it to yourself. That is private and should be kept private. The rest of us really don’t want to hear about it.

All this is coming from the people who, following the passage of Proposition 8 in California, demonstrated their complete unwillingness to accept the rule of law. They marched on the Mormon Temple in Salt Lake City, marched on the Catholic Cathedral in Los Angeles, and beat a Christian woman protesting their march in LA. Also, this comes from a group that has hurled unspeakable insults at that little-known religious leader, the Pope, who recently condemned homosexuality.

Sorry, no, you don’t “deserve” special rights, privileges and legal protections that the rest of us don’t get. Why don’t you do what the rest of us with manners do: keep it zipped at work. We don’t want to know, we don’t want to hear about it, no matter your “orientation.” Keep your personal life to yourself, just like the rest of us.

0 comments:

About This Blog

This blog is about my opinions and world view.  I am a conservative, evangelical Christian.  Generally speaking, if you post a comment, I'll allow you to express your view.  However, if you say something hateful, untruthful, or just generally something I don't like, I may remove it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP