Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Quote of the Day

Our government... teaches the whole people by its example. If the government becomes the lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. 


-- Louis Brandeis

If government teaches by example, what does that say about those who take the position of "I personally believe abortion is wrong, but I don't think the government should make that decision for anyone."?  It is not only personally inconsistent, but it is also asking the government to teach by example something that you believe is morally wrong.  

Both our new President and our new Vice-President "officially" take this position.  By that, I mean, that there is a good chance they are saying that they personally believe abortion is wrong because it is politically expedient for them to say that. The fact is, if they were convinced abortion is wrong (and the only way it can be wrong is for it to be murdering an unborn child...it's not like stealing a candy bar from the grocery store), then why would they ask government to condone it?

2 comments:

Mark January 14, 2009 at 8:20 AM  

The notion that one can be "personally against" abortion yet support it's legislation at the same time is disengenuous at best and hypocritical at worst.

They are playing semantics with morality. It's shameful.

By the way, I finaaly got around to adding you to my blogroll. Better late than never, eh?

You are an exceptional young lady.

Timothy January 14, 2009 at 10:14 AM  

I agree. They are dripping with hypocrisy and holding up the idea that the best position one can take, is a position that never leads to doing what is right. All you have to do is "sound" right.

Sickening and spineless.

About This Blog

This blog is about my opinions and world view.  I am a conservative, evangelical Christian.  Generally speaking, if you post a comment, I'll allow you to express your view.  However, if you say something hateful, untruthful, or just generally something I don't like, I may remove it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP