Monday, January 26, 2009

A New Promotion for Turbo Tax

In their commercials for their tax preparation services, H & R Block uses the catchphrase:  "I've got people."  Their "My People" campaign emphasizes what they consider their advantage over Turbo Tax, by stating that if you are ever audited, their people will go through the audit with you and will ... well, essentially "cover your butt" in the case of an error.


I think it's time for Turbo Tax's response:  "We've got Obama.  If you're ever audited by the IRS, and if you've made multiple mistakes, repeated over several years, even if they are intentional, we promise to have President Obama appoint you to a high position in the Federal Government.  You can then declare that the errors were "honest mistakes" and that they won't happen again.  The IRS will HAVE to accept that as a valid explanation.  Because that's what their leader did."

And for my advertising consulting services, I would ask that Intuit (the company that makes and markets Turbo Tax) please send the consulting fee to my home directly.  Email me for the name and address, please.

3 comments:

RightKlik January 27, 2009 at 5:54 AM  

With the Geithner precedent, how can anyone take the IRS seriously anymore?

Mark January 27, 2009 at 1:14 PM  

LOL very clever post!

I have a personal friend who is an executive with INTUIT. I will forward your request to him.

Miss T.C. Shore January 27, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

Mark,

That would be great. I'd be curious about what his response is. Let me know.

About This Blog

This blog is about my opinions and world view.  I am a conservative, evangelical Christian.  Generally speaking, if you post a comment, I'll allow you to express your view.  However, if you say something hateful, untruthful, or just generally something I don't like, I may remove it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP