Thursday, March 5, 2009

An American Revolution on the Way?

I had an interesting conversation, yesterday, with a gentleman who came in to the place I work.  I'm not going into details about how the subject came up, but at one point, he mentioned that he has been "running into" a lot of people who are arming themselves in preparation for martial law.


I wasn't sure what to make of this at first.  But after doing some research online, apparently this is really happening out there. 

A significant number of Americans believe that Obama is going to take us so far to the left, that at some point martial law will be declared and America will fall into chaos.

The point isn't whether or not this will actually happen, but rather the fact that a large number of people out there believe it will happen.  Gun sales have been through the roof.  Some gun manufacturers that had sluggish sales over the past decade or so, now have a 3 to 4 year backlog of orders that they are having trouble filling.

Recently, a Russian political scholar predicted the fall of the American government within the next 24 months.  

Again, I'm not sure what to make of this.  I must say that I hesitate to predict this sort of thing.  (I run this blog as a non-prophet organization, so to speak).  But the idea of large numbers of Americans arming themselves for such an eventuality, is indeed, alarming. 

Thoughts?

9 comments:

Godefroi March 5, 2009 at 2:31 PM  

Why do you find it alarming? That Americans are more heavily armed, or that they are fearful?

Or something else?

Miss T.C. Shore March 5, 2009 at 5:19 PM  

For me the alarming part is the thought that we could be a breath away from a complete collapse as a nation. The Constitution could be a thing of the past. How tragic that would be.

(Of course, one could argue that the Constitution is already a thing of the past. But you get my point!)

Anonymous,  March 5, 2009 at 5:57 PM  

Will an uprising come,I would not dare say. However,troubling times are coming,and I fear we may have to fend for ourselves. If you have not gotten a rifle,shotgun,and handgun,then do so. If anything look at it as an investment for when Obama bans them.

Mark March 6, 2009 at 12:28 AM  

Non-prophet organization? That's very clever!

I think America is too strong, and our people too stubborn to let Obama take us that far to the left, but he certainly looks like he's trying.

VoteNovember2008 March 6, 2009 at 7:01 AM  

I'm armed and dangerous! LOL Great blog! VN8

Chuck March 6, 2009 at 9:34 AM  

I'm with you on this T.C. Obama is a nut, he will damage the country, and there are questions about his election. But, armed rebellion is not against Obama, it's against the US and this is unnacceptable. We are a democracy, not a banana republic.

Mark March 6, 2009 at 10:07 AM  

Chuck, we are not a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic, and the Constitution gives us the right to rise up and revolt if our leaders try to change our Constitutional Republic into anything else. Like Communism.

Red March 6, 2009 at 4:04 PM  

Well said Mark. Just like the BSoA motto states,"Be Prepared".

Anonymous,  March 9, 2009 at 11:47 AM  

I am not sure if there will be a revolt or not. But I want to keep my ear to the ground so to speak.

About This Blog

This blog is about my opinions and world view.  I am a conservative, evangelical Christian.  Generally speaking, if you post a comment, I'll allow you to express your view.  However, if you say something hateful, untruthful, or just generally something I don't like, I may remove it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP