Friday, March 20, 2009

Have We Gotten What We Voted For?

I ran across an interesting comment on a blog a while ago that set my mind off on a tangent.  The comment was that (in effect): Our government has always reflected the voters.  We have the situation we have right now because America is fractured with no common goal and no core beliefs.


While I don't totally agree with the premise, that government really reflects the electorate (I'm more inclined to think that our Government reflects what the MainStream Media tells the electorate they are), there is some truth to the comment.

For at least the past 40 years or so, the American educational system has denied that there is a God, that there are absolute truths, that there is such a thing as good and such a thing as evil, and that traditional Judeo-Christian morality and values should be instilled in American Children.  What has resulted is a society that doesn't know the difference between right and wrong.  A society that can't distinguish between truth and a lie.  A society that sees evil as good and good as evil, based on popular secular humanist thought.

One group says that eating meat is evil; another says driving cars is evil; another says that making a profit in business is evil; another says that denying a woman the right to kill her unborn child is evil... And so it goes.

It seems our leaders can now say anything, do anything and blame the results on someone else without suffering any consequences.  

All this leads me to a question.  In the past, if our leaders were corrupt or were liars or were leading from the standpoint of evil and corruption, they would have eventually been exposed and voted out (if not forced out sooner.)  That's no longer happening.  

Can America ever recover from this?

I contend that it cannot.  Tomorrow I may feel differently.  (I reserve the right to change my mind on this). Right now, it seems to me that we have gone down a path of no return.  We will from now forward have politicians that are unaccountable, and a government that runs amok.

Thoughts?

3 comments:

Anonymous,  March 21, 2009 at 7:52 AM  

I tend to agree with both your point about the media and with government we elect.

I believe we as Americans have become lazy,and nolonger pay attention to issues big or small. Most Americans nolong know how our government is SUPPOSE to function,or how it is SUPPOSE to work,which is for us...the PEOPLE.

We have begun to look at our government as a baby sitter,and not as it was intented to be. That being, they work for us,their sole job is to defend the country and the Constitution,and nothing else.

Mark March 21, 2009 at 8:25 AM  

I think you're dead on. The Bible says, "Woe to those who call evil, good and good, evil". This is what has been happening and now the uneducated people will believe anything our leaders tell them, and most of the time, the leaders are telling them evil is good.

Anonymous,  March 22, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

We are in some deep stuff and it is getting deeper.

About This Blog

This blog is about my opinions and world view.  I am a conservative, evangelical Christian.  Generally speaking, if you post a comment, I'll allow you to express your view.  However, if you say something hateful, untruthful, or just generally something I don't like, I may remove it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP