Monday, March 23, 2009

Geithner is on Shaky Ground

Treasury Secretary Timothy "Turbo-Tax" Geithner is on "shaky ground" these days with Congress and many in the country, according to the Senate Banking Committee's top Republican.




Sen. Richard Shelby said Sunday he doesn't think Geithner will last long unless he starts doing a better job.




Shelby, who voted to confirm Geithner, said he has less confidence in the treasury secretary each day -- over the AIG bonus mess, solving the nation's financial troubles and helping turn around the economy.




"I said competence brings confidence to anything. I don't see a lot of things positively thus far that Timothy Geithner's been involved in," Shelby said Sunday on "Fox News Sunday."




"He's going to have to do a 180-degree turnaround, I believe, to be a successful treasury secretary," he said.




Attempting to avoid a major scandal in the first 100 days since the inauguration, a Tele-Promter still expressed faith in Geithner. The Tele-Prompter tells CBS' "60 Minutes" that if Geithner offered to resign, the answer would be, "Sorry buddy, you've still got the job."

1 comments:

Red March 23, 2009 at 1:08 PM  

The TOTUS seems to have trouble keeping help.
P.S. For some reason your "Too much Anger" blog isn't loading on my browser. Maybe something on my end. IDK.

About This Blog

This blog is about my opinions and world view.  I am a conservative, evangelical Christian.  Generally speaking, if you post a comment, I'll allow you to express your view.  However, if you say something hateful, untruthful, or just generally something I don't like, I may remove it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP