Thursday, March 12, 2009

More Obama Hypocrisy Supported by the Media

As people who have closely -- or even not so closely -- followed Barack Obama have come to realize, much of his rhetoric is right out of the George Orwell school of Newspeak.



Even as he pushes radical, massive shifts of power from the people to the government, he declares that he opposes big government. He talks about how he's going to cut the deficit even as he pushes through the largest and most wasteful spending bills in American history -- and now, he's talking about how much he hates earmarks.



Barack Obama's stunning hypocrisy is a feature of how totally confident he is that the mainstream press will continue to act like part of his campaign team instead of doing their jobs.



Now matter how starkly Obama's words differ from what he does, most of the mainstream media will focus on the rhetoric, not the reality. If Obama says he is against earmarks, it doesn't matter he signs a bill containing more than 8500 earmarks, he must be against earmarks. 

2 comments:

Red March 12, 2009 at 3:51 PM  

"...his rhetoric is right out of the George Orwell school of Newspeak."

You hit the nail on the head. Pay no attention to what he's doing, only to what he is saying. If he says it long enough and often enough, folks will believe it??

Pamela Zydel March 13, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

I will not hire lobbyists, except these 2 over here. I will not pass bills with one single earmark, just this bill with 9,000 earmarks. I will not raise your taxes one dime, I'll raise all your living expenses. I will have the most transparent administration ever...so you can see all the tax cheats I hire.
I thought Clinton was a joke when he perjured himself and got away with it. But this Administration is a total circus.

About This Blog

This blog is about my opinions and world view.  I am a conservative, evangelical Christian.  Generally speaking, if you post a comment, I'll allow you to express your view.  However, if you say something hateful, untruthful, or just generally something I don't like, I may remove it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP