Friday, May 8, 2009

Good News! We Lost Another Half Million Jobs In April

The Labor Department reported today that non-farm payrolls declined by 539,000 in April. Under George W. Bush, this would have been reported as the sky falling. Last summer, in fact, then-candidate Obama quipped "...there is nothing more fundamental than a job."

How is this news being reported today?

"US Jobless Rate Hits 8.9%, but Pace of Losses Eases" -- New York Times

"Layoffs slow to 539k in April; jobless rate rises"  -- Associated Press

"Job Losses ease, but unemployment rate up" -- CNNMoney.com

My guess is that the numbers look good only in comparison to Nancy Pelosi's assertion that we were losing 500 MILLION jobs a month.


5 comments:

stormin May 8, 2009 at 12:11 PM  

as Joe Biden said it all comes down to a simple three-letter word, JOBS, J-O-B-S!

Chuck May 9, 2009 at 9:07 AM  

I thought of Pelosi's comment as I was reading this.

Good recall Stormin.

Only a Dem administration would get so much credit for losing fewer jobs.

Anonymous,  May 10, 2009 at 1:51 PM  

What did you think about that Obama worshipping lesbian Wanda Sykes saying "I hope Rush's kidneys fail?

Typical liberal sense of “humor”. What would happen if Rush said..
I hope Obama’s kidneys fail.

We would be hearing about it for 18 months.

WoFat May 10, 2009 at 2:44 PM  

Moon falling from sky, but surf is up.

About This Blog

This blog is about my opinions and world view.  I am a conservative, evangelical Christian.  Generally speaking, if you post a comment, I'll allow you to express your view.  However, if you say something hateful, untruthful, or just generally something I don't like, I may remove it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP