Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Islam Day in Hawaii

Hawaii's state Senate overwhelmingly approved a bill today to celebrate "Islam Day." The resolution to proclaim September 24, 2009 as Islam Day passed the Senate on a 22-3 vote.  

The bill seeks to recognize the "rich religious, scientific, cultural and artistic contributions" that Islam and the Islamic world have made.

There is no "Christianity Day" designation.  The state did designate Good Friday a government holiday, but that was done to "increase the freqency of legal holidays," not for any recognition of cultural contribution.

Next up: "Please don't cut off my head" Day.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  May 7, 2009 at 8:34 AM  

Makes you sick, doesn't it? We have become so PC, we've reached a new record in stupidity. Islam Day. Well, if that isn't enough to cause local Christians, Jews, and Buddhists to file a law suit, nothing is ...

Can you hear me gnashing my teeth?

Deanna Bland Hiott PhD, MSN, RN May 7, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

All the updates are a sad commentary on our society.

About This Blog

This blog is about my opinions and world view.  I am a conservative, evangelical Christian.  Generally speaking, if you post a comment, I'll allow you to express your view.  However, if you say something hateful, untruthful, or just generally something I don't like, I may remove it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP