Friday, July 24, 2009

Poor, Poor Mr. Gates

I feel sorry for Mr. Gates. He has to endure an evening of humiliation in a police station and all he has to comfort himself are national notoriety; possibly millions of dollars from either the police or, indirectly, from his instant fame; and relevance. Let's face it: academic fields based on victim status like black studies must be struggling to stay hip.



Were the police were stupid for arresting Gates? They may have crossed the line. Perhaps. They should be able to take insults from spoiled, self-important academics in stride.



Nevertheless, the real stupidity was from Obama who, as the nations chief "law enforcement officer," sided against the police before he even knew any of the facts of the case. Obama's racism shows once again. When will the rest of America recognize it for what it is?

5 comments:

LL July 24, 2009 at 10:24 AM  

Barack Hussein Obama may harbor deep seated racist beliefs. Most of us can see that and it's self-evident. However as the President of the United States, he represents all Americans, not just black or mixed race Americans.

How do I teach my children that racism is bad when the PRESIDENT displays it almost every day?

James' Muse July 24, 2009 at 10:49 AM  

I was so mad when Obama said that.

I blogged on this, check it out. I have the police report on my post about this.

The more that comes out about this, the more that I'm with the officers and think Gates was a shmuck. Especially for calling the officers racist, and continuing to do so.

Euripides July 24, 2009 at 4:07 PM  

Hear hear LL! How do we come to grips with racism when the president steps in and makes such a blunt and off the cuff observation?

Chuck July 24, 2009 at 8:18 PM  

There's talk this officer may sue Gates for defamation. That could be a watershed case if it were to succeed.

James' Muse July 25, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

Its because Gates is talking about suing Sgt. Crowley, and turning it into a book/documentary from his "victim" POV...ruining Crowley's reputation.

About This Blog

This blog is about my opinions and world view.  I am a conservative, evangelical Christian.  Generally speaking, if you post a comment, I'll allow you to express your view.  However, if you say something hateful, untruthful, or just generally something I don't like, I may remove it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP