Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Quote of the day

I'm not sure the original source of this quote, but here it is:

"For all his successes, Reagan couldn't make a dent in the main pillars of the welfare state and even consented to a payroll tax hike to subsidize a failing Social Security system. When Republicans swept into Congress in 1994, during the short period in which they actually tried to rein in government, they were able to pass modest welfare reform, but unable to touch Medicare. Obama envisions himself as a transformational liberal leader, whose programs, like FDR's New Deal and LBJ's Great Society, live on long after he's gone. He's well on his way to achieving his goal..."

0 comments:

About This Blog

This blog is about my opinions and world view.  I am a conservative, evangelical Christian.  Generally speaking, if you post a comment, I'll allow you to express your view.  However, if you say something hateful, untruthful, or just generally something I don't like, I may remove it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP