Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Freddie Mac Exec Commits Suicide

Not long ago, Iowa Senator Charles Grassley (R) suggested that executives in the financial industry take a Japanese approach toward accepting responsibility for the collapse of the American economy by killing themselves. "And in the case of the Japanese," Grassley said, "they usually commit suicide before they make any apology."

I thought this remark was in poor taste.  It is particularly in poor taste given the fact that Congress, itself, is equally responsible for the downfall of Wall Street and the financial sector, and Congress has thus far done everything they can to avoid taking responsibility.

While Grassley's comments were specifically aimed at AIG execs, it looks like he got his wish.

The acting chief financial officer of Freddie Mac was found dead in his home today of an apparent suicide.

David Kellerman, a 16 year veteran of the mortgage loan guarantor was discovered by his wife who found him in the basement.  The two have a young daughter.

Apparently, Kellerman was under investigation by the SEC regarding possible accounting violations. While this certainly doesn't make him a saint, nobody deserves this.

Isn't it about time for the SEC to investigate Bawney Fwank and others in congress who had over-sight over Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae?

2 comments:

EatYourOkra April 22, 2009 at 3:09 PM  

Sen. Grassley's comments were in very poor taste. With distasteful comments like that I seriously question his ability to ethically and morally represent his state.

It is wrong, wrong, wrong for company execs to swindle money from the public. It is also wrong for a public political figure to wish suicide on another human being.

As the left hugging Des Moines Register's Thorns & Thistles section would say: A Thorn To You Grassley.

Anonymous,  April 22, 2009 at 3:29 PM  

While the senators comment were in very bad tasste and I disagree with them. My gut is telling me not to trust this situation on face value.

The first thing I thought of was Vince Foster. Now while I have no other proof other than what is being reported,it just very suspicious to me.

About This Blog

This blog is about my opinions and world view.  I am a conservative, evangelical Christian.  Generally speaking, if you post a comment, I'll allow you to express your view.  However, if you say something hateful, untruthful, or just generally something I don't like, I may remove it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP