Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Remember When?

Remember when the Big 3 automakers were "too big to fail"?  Remember when they needed the bailouts, and the bailout mania that followed? 


Do you remember that the idea of bailing out anything "too big to fail" meant stepping away from the authority granted Congress for bankruptcy to other powers never granted to Congress or the federal government? 

Some of us (me included) insisted that companies that were "too big to fail" needed to fail and go through re-organization and get its act together.

Remember that?

Remember the politicians telling us that tens of billions, hundreds of billions and now trillions of dollars going to bailouts, handouts, bonuses and rewards to political brown-nosers and supports were necessary?

Remember the serial lies told about AIG, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and the faux outrage by politicians and regulators?  Remember Bawney Fwank chastising the Bush administration and McCain for suggesting we could be headed for a mortgage crisis.

Gee, I must be getting old.  

I remember all of that.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  April 1, 2009 at 5:04 PM  

Yeah,them were the days weren't they.

About This Blog

This blog is about my opinions and world view.  I am a conservative, evangelical Christian.  Generally speaking, if you post a comment, I'll allow you to express your view.  However, if you say something hateful, untruthful, or just generally something I don't like, I may remove it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP