Thursday, April 30, 2009

Obama's Self Evaluation of the First 100 Days

In case you missed it, Obama went on prime time TV last night to tell the nation that he's doing a wonderful job, and to assure us that everything is coming up roses.  While I will not attempt to parse Obama's entire address last night, I do think a couple of points are worth making:

The media loves this guy. Dick Morris (former Clinton advisor) made the point after the address that during Clinton's first term (four years) the news media only allowed him two prime time addresses outside of the State of the Union addresses.  In three months, Obama has had three. I don't have the data to show how many Bush was allowed, but outside of his State of the Union addresses and outside of a couple of national emergencies (9/11 and the beginning of two wars) I doubt he had more than three in his whole eight years in ofice.

The questions asked were mostly softball questions.  Yes, this is a matter of opinion, but let's face it.  We are in the middle of a Depression, the likes of which hasn't been seen since the 1930's, and nobody asked him about the economy.  

The more important points made during his address were regarding "interrogation techniques."  

Before I address his answer, I want to make the following point:  What the Bush administration calls "interrogation techniques", the democrats are very carefully wording "torture."  "Bush used torture to...."  They want to paint Bush as Hitler.  They have wanted to do this since he came into office. They tried to tie the Bush legacy to the Iraq war for the last 4 years of his presidency. When it looked like we were actually going to win the Iraq war, the switch tactics and are now trying to tie torture to the Bush legacy.  This is about politics and elections, not about moral standards. If they can convince people that Bush was Hitler and he tortured people, they can use that in national elections for the next 30 years.

Back to Obama....

Obama made it clear that he would never use "enhanced interrogation techniques" even if it meant saving American lives. The interesting thing about that answer is that he considers his opinion that these techniques are wrong to be more important than national security and the lives of the American people. That's a huge amount of arrogance, as far as I'm concerned. 

There will be another attack on US soil by Islamoterrorists.  I'm convinced of that.  I'm also fairly certain, that they will attempt one within the next four years.  What if a loved one of yours lost his or her life, and that could have been prevented by withholding food from a known terrorist for 36 or 48 hours? Nothing that would have caused permanent harm.  Just a little temporary hunger.  How would you feel about Obama's insistence that he's right and the CIA and the Bush administration were wrong?



3 comments:

Chuck April 30, 2009 at 8:56 AM  

I agree that we will almost certainly have another attack. In fact I'm assuming this year. The idea of reliving that makes me shudder.

Obama will have a lot of questions to answer if we do.

I was watching Fox this am and they had a story about Obama possibly releasing outright some of the people from Gitmo. I thought, if they turn around and assist in an attack on us, we need to impeach this SOB.

As far as his press conferences yesterday, stop by my site. I posted on a good fact check article about his claims yeserday.

Red April 30, 2009 at 12:50 PM  

The way Obama operates shows he does not give a flip about Americans. He is too busy apologizing and making friends with our enemies—enemies that will never change their policies regarding the United States.

I didn't tune him in. I can't watch him, let alone listen to him speak. He is an affront to my soul. When is this going to end?

EatYourOkra April 30, 2009 at 5:10 PM  

"...if they turn around and assist in an attack on us, we need to impeach this SOB."

Sadly, that may be the only reason that may cause people to come to their senses to impeach him.

About This Blog

This blog is about my opinions and world view.  I am a conservative, evangelical Christian.  Generally speaking, if you post a comment, I'll allow you to express your view.  However, if you say something hateful, untruthful, or just generally something I don't like, I may remove it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP