Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Russian Ship Seizes Pirates

Russian news agencies are reporting today that a Russian warship has seized a vessel with 29 suspected pirates off the coast of Somalia. The anti-submarine vessel seized the ship yesterday, along with automatic rifles, pistols and ammunition.


The reports say a Russian tanker fended off an attack by the same group earlier that day.

It's nice to see that somebody is doing something about this problem. Hopefully, some nation will emerge as a world leader in dealing with international problems, since our nation seems to be pre-occupied with making apologies and trying not to offend anyone.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  April 29, 2009 at 2:45 PM  

I will say the Russians do come in handy from time to time.

About This Blog

This blog is about my opinions and world view.  I am a conservative, evangelical Christian.  Generally speaking, if you post a comment, I'll allow you to express your view.  However, if you say something hateful, untruthful, or just generally something I don't like, I may remove it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP