Thursday, June 11, 2009

In a Nation as Wealthy as Ours

I was reading through my usual list of blogs yesterday and ran across a comment from another reader. The blog entry was about the coming Obamacare overtake of our Nation's health care system. The comment stated that "in a nation as wealthy as ours, it's a shame we don't provide health care to all of our citizens."

Oh, really?  A nation as wealthy as ours?

I thought we were in a recession. I thought our nation was trillions of dollars in debt. I thought we were on the brink of economic collapse. 

The United States has had one year with a balanced budget since the Nixon administration. Count 'em. One.

I've heard this argument before. I've never seen it challenged. We are no longer a wealthy nation by any standard. We are the world's biggest debtor nation, and it's getting worse.


2 comments:

Red June 11, 2009 at 10:22 AM  

Obama went on national t.v. and said "We are broke". Flat out. So that pretty much puts the screws to the notion of our being the wealthiest nation.

Timeshare Jake June 11, 2009 at 10:31 AM  

Don't you love the Obamabots who don't even pay attention to the words of their Dear Leader. I too heard Obama say we are out of money. That's usually not a sign of a country that is wealthy. It is a sign of a country that is crumbling and can't afford more big government programs that drive up the national debt.

About This Blog

This blog is about my opinions and world view.  I am a conservative, evangelical Christian.  Generally speaking, if you post a comment, I'll allow you to express your view.  However, if you say something hateful, untruthful, or just generally something I don't like, I may remove it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP