Friday, June 12, 2009

Less Than Half of Americans Want Sotomayor Confirmed

Just under half of Americans say they would vote to confirm President Barack Obama's nominee Sonia Sotomayor to the U.S. Supreme Court.



A FOX News poll released Friday finds 46 percent of voters nationwide say they would confirm Sotomayor and 32 percent would oppose her confirmation. About one in five -- 22 percent -- are unsure.



Obama nominated Sotomayor to take the seat of retiring Justice David Souter. Senate confirmation hearings are set to begin July 13.



As an American female, with the richness of my experiences, I think I'm a better judge of this woman than most members of congress. They should just ask my opinion and go with it. "Just say no."

4 comments:

James' Muse June 12, 2009 at 3:13 PM  

Alright, I have to say something here. Just like you can't completely trust a CNN poll that gives numbers in favor of a Democratic candidate, you can't trust a FOX poll to deliver unbiased news. Its quite well known in its conservative bent.

Red June 12, 2009 at 4:49 PM  

Polls aside, you can gauge by what you hear and know. The choice of Sotomayor is an unpopular one fraught with trepidation from conservatives. Ever since the election, rather than become unified, the divide in this country has become more defined with each passing day. Her track record and public statements show she is another activist judge with a 60% turnover rate regarding her judgments so how wise can she be?

Miss T.C. Shore June 12, 2009 at 11:12 PM  

That right wing media bias is just terrible, isn't it, James?

James' Muse June 15, 2009 at 10:44 AM  

I'm just saying that a lot of news sources have a bent one way or the other. I don't tend to trust polls too much from any of them.

About This Blog

This blog is about my opinions and world view.  I am a conservative, evangelical Christian.  Generally speaking, if you post a comment, I'll allow you to express your view.  However, if you say something hateful, untruthful, or just generally something I don't like, I may remove it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP