Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Obama's Date Night Cost $73,000 and Leaves Huge Carbon Footprint

Apparently, Michelle Obama is not a cheap date. A $73,000 "date night" for the Obamas will cost taxpayers about $73,000.



Not that I care all that much about the cost.  This country has a lot bigger spending problems to face than Presidential travel.  And, to a certain extent, this is one of the perks of the job.  All Presidents traveled for personal pleasure, and being the President means having an entourage and a security detail everywhere you go.  It’s unavoidable.



What I’m much more worried about is the carbon footprint.  After all, Obama wants to tax carbon emissions and regulate where our thermostats are set and what sort of vehicles we drive all in the name of thwarting what he believes will be a global warming apocalypse, yet he can whisk his wife away to New York on a gas-guzzling jet (not to mention a gas-guzzling helicopter) for a date?



Obama tells me I have to change my lifestyle and sacrifice for the greater good while he’s busy flying down to New York for some fine dining and theater.



If you ask me, this little move by Obama should kill his cap and trade legislation.  If global warming isn’t enough of a threat to get Obama to change his lifestyle, then why should it be enough to justify regulating every part of my lifestyle?



When it comes to Global Warming, Obama is Al Gore Part 2:  Do as I legislate, not as I do.

2 comments:

Red June 2, 2009 at 12:40 PM  

If you're going to ask everyone to conserve and to be mindful of extraneous spending then "do as I say, not as I do" isn't going to lend credibility to your spoken stance. Actions speak louder and I can;t stand that these people enjoyed a night out on the town on my tax dollar when my Husband and I can barely afford a night out for a local burger. Elitist scumbags. They can eat cake and choke on it.

Euripides June 2, 2009 at 5:22 PM  

Why can't Obama get away with this kind of crap? Al Gore's been doing it for years and people still think he's environmentally conscious. There's no logic with green politics to connect the leader with the evil. If folks did make the connection, there would no longer be any liberal politicians.

About This Blog

This blog is about my opinions and world view.  I am a conservative, evangelical Christian.  Generally speaking, if you post a comment, I'll allow you to express your view.  However, if you say something hateful, untruthful, or just generally something I don't like, I may remove it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP