Thursday, June 4, 2009

Obama Goes To Cairo

I'm sure the Obama Mid East trip will generate may articles over the next few days. I won't try to cover all of what Obama said earlier today. I will make a couple of comments...

The first thing to catch my attention was when Obama said "...I consider it part of my responsibility as President of the United States to fight against the negative stereotypes of Islam wherever they appear."

Really? Since when, exactly? What other religions does Obama feel responsible to defend?

Let's take a look at one of the larger groups within our own country. A little religion you may have heard of somewhere along the way ... Christianity.

Has Obama been defending mainstream Christian groups who have been lumped in with the guy who shot George Tiller? Maybe I missed that.

I will give Obama credit, though. While many muslims, particularly in Egypt (from what I understand, anyway) have denied that al Qaeda was responsible for 9/11, Obama said this:

"I'm aware that there's still some who would question or even justify the offense of 9/11. But let us be clear. Al Qaeda killed nearly 3000 people on that day. The victims were innocent men, women, and children from America and many other nations who had done nothing to harm anybody. And yet al Qaeda chose to ruthlessly murder these people... and even now states their determination to kill on a massive scale.... These are not opinions to be debated. These are facts to be dealt with."

At least on this point, he gets it right. I wonder if his audience heard him.



1 comments:

Timeshare Jake June 4, 2009 at 3:42 PM  

At least Bush had a mission to protect the lives of Americans. Obama's mission as of today is keeping Muslims from getting their feelings hurt.

About This Blog

This blog is about my opinions and world view.  I am a conservative, evangelical Christian.  Generally speaking, if you post a comment, I'll allow you to express your view.  However, if you say something hateful, untruthful, or just generally something I don't like, I may remove it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP