Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Obama: Fatherhood Starts at Conception

Barack Obama infamously said that it was "beyond my pay grade" to decide when human life begins. But that's not what his Father's Day lecture in Parade magazine says. It suggests that a child's life begins at conception, and it's not just a fetus whose humanity can be defined arbitrarily by a right to "choose":

"That is why we need fathers to step up, to realize that their job does not end at conception; that what makes you a man is not the ability to have a child but the courage to raise one.

I'm guessing that also means that real fathers don't feel "punished" by a baby.


3 comments:

Red June 23, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

This goes back to the saying that "if you don't lie then you don't have to remember what you said". Don't these folks realize that their words, their inconsistencies, will always come back to haunt them?

Bob Qat June 23, 2009 at 1:11 PM  

"That is why we need afters to step up....


You might want to fix that typo. Mr Obama usually speaks a better grade of gibberish than that.


Thanks.

Miss T.C. Shore June 23, 2009 at 2:25 PM  

Thanks, Bob. My teleprompter must have been malfunctioning this morning.

About This Blog

This blog is about my opinions and world view.  I am a conservative, evangelical Christian.  Generally speaking, if you post a comment, I'll allow you to express your view.  However, if you say something hateful, untruthful, or just generally something I don't like, I may remove it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP