Monday, June 22, 2009

Sometimes He Gets It Right...

I have made a point of complimenting Obama whenever he does something that I think is a good decision.

In this case, I think his "holding back" policy on Iran may be the right thing to do. He is taking heat for it. The Republicans want more rhetoric, and in some cases more action. 

However, Ahmadinejihad is already pointing fingers at U.S. for interference causing unrest in the country. The rest of the world sees that he is just blowing. However, if we would actually try to cause unrest in Iran, it would not sit well with the rest of the Middle East, and very likely could backfire.

Of course, there is a risk that the populace could overthrow the government and then look at Obama as the guy who sat on the sidelines and didn't lift a finger to help.  I guess that's a risk we'll have to take at this point.



3 comments:

Anonymous,  June 22, 2009 at 12:27 PM  

Ahmadinejihad is not likely to be more cooperative with the west no matter what Obama does. Sometimes you just have to call something what it is and let the chips fall where they may.

Bob Qat June 22, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

I suspect Mr Obama is holding back because he is dumbstruck his job is this difficult. The whole of his policy about the Middle East has been limited to a mild dislike of Israel for not making nice with the Palestinians. The Mr Obama talks out of both sides of his mouth when addressing American Jews (that is normal behavior for a politician).

Incidental to your post is the certainty that the US has sponsored change in Iran before now. (President Carter had the Shah overthrown.) The US has maintained operations until last year and may still be doing so, but I'm not as sure.

Great Britain's MI6 and Israel's "Institute" [ha-Mossad le-Modiin ule-Tafkidim Meyuhadim] have done most of the surface work. Mr Yuck!my-dinner-job is right about that.

Anonymous,  June 22, 2009 at 1:58 PM  

Bob Qat, well said!

About This Blog

This blog is about my opinions and world view.  I am a conservative, evangelical Christian.  Generally speaking, if you post a comment, I'll allow you to express your view.  However, if you say something hateful, untruthful, or just generally something I don't like, I may remove it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP