Monday, June 15, 2009

Iranian Elections (update)

Well, if you haven't been following the Iranian elections, you are missing some wonderful entertainment.

It seems that Iranian officials did indeed offer up a sham of an election. If they didn't, arresting the opposition didn't make their side look very bright. Attempting to quell the information about the whole ordeal by cutting electricity to major cities doesn't bode well, either (unless they are making the case for an urgent need to accelerate their nuclear program to provide more power.)

Ahmadinejihad's answers to questions are a major source of entertainment:

Q:  Can you ensure the safety of your challenger?
A: I love all the Iranian people and if they disobey the law when coming out of a sporting event at a stadium, they will be arrested, but I love them all even though I have to arrest them.

Hope and Change in Iran.

Actually, now that I think about it, his logic is very much like our leader's.

I wonder if he, too, uses a teleprompter.


2 comments:

LL June 15, 2009 at 4:06 PM  

I find your surprise in two Muslim leaders behaving differently -- well, surprising.

I'm sure Ahmadinejihad doesn't use a teleprompter - but sometimes I wonder if he's the one sending speaches to the Dear Leader to put on HIS teleprompter.

Euripides June 15, 2009 at 4:23 PM  

LOL LL.

We'll name this one "Telepromptergate."

About This Blog

This blog is about my opinions and world view.  I am a conservative, evangelical Christian.  Generally speaking, if you post a comment, I'll allow you to express your view.  However, if you say something hateful, untruthful, or just generally something I don't like, I may remove it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP