Monday, June 1, 2009

Is All Life Sacred

I had a conversation with a co-worker today about the murder of George Tiller. During the course of that conversation, she made the statement "I am pro-life. I believe all life is sacred, including the life of Tiller."

At the time, I nodded my head and went on. But the conversation got the wheels turning in my head. I asked myself "Is all life really sacred." 

And shortly, I decided that no, indeed, all life is not sacred.

The phrase "All life is sacred," I believe came from the liberal left, who are both atheists and pantheists. While they believe there is no God, they also believe that trees and plants and whales and baby dolphins are all sacred. (But not tuna, for some reason.)

While the word sacred has many definitions, properly, to be sacred means that something or someone is set aside for a religious purpose or duty.

Is all life set aside for a religious purpose? Maybe in the eyes of a few left-wing loons, but no. It is not. It should be. We were all created to worship our creator. But, sadly, many people set aside their lives for self-seeking, others for daily hum-drum, and a few, like George Tiller, devote their lives to evil. 

That's not to say that his murder was justified. I've said before, and I'll say it again; it was not. Murder is wrong. 

But that's a different thing from saying his life was sacred. 

The left will have everyone believing that it was. They will deify him as long as the media will go along with it, then they will be on to something else.

But let us not fall for that. Tiller was a very, very evil person. Evil people exist. His life was not sacred. 

2 comments:

Anonymous,  June 1, 2009 at 5:08 PM  

Yes, all life is sacred,the as one as despicable as Tillers.For it is up to God to judge this man,not the one who shot him.

For we are both a country of religious morals and rule of law.

KOOK June 2, 2009 at 4:47 PM  

Tuna are ugly. They do not pass the "Cute Test"

And I agree with you 100%. without some people.

About This Blog

This blog is about my opinions and world view.  I am a conservative, evangelical Christian.  Generally speaking, if you post a comment, I'll allow you to express your view.  However, if you say something hateful, untruthful, or just generally something I don't like, I may remove it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP